Updated: Nov 5, 2020
Sometimes ya just crave something super warm, tasty, a satiating! Well for me, these vegan egg rolls did just the trick! I bought these egg roll wraps from my local grocery store in the produce section (oddly enough!) near the tofu and tempeh. I also purchased a bag of shredded cabbage, carrots, and broccoli from the produce section. If this is too much cheating for you- please feel free to buy and slice your own! But, for me that's the E-Z part! P.S. these pair great with your favorite thai chili sauce!!
Nasoya vegan "egg" rolls
2 packs of shredded cabbage, carrots, and broccoli slaw
Sesame oil (2-3 tbsp)
Olive oil (~1/2 cup)
1. Open the Nasoya egg roll package, take egg rolls out and set aside.
2. Heat (1-2 tbsp) of sesame oil in a pan and add ~1/2 of a pack of shredded cabbage, carrots, and broccoli slaw. Let this cook down/simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3. As the slaw is cooking, heat (~1/4 cup) of olive oil over low heat in a skillet.
4. After the slaw is cooked, add ~1-2 tbsp to egg roll wrap (depending on how thick you want it) and fold as follows:
5. Roll up 5-10 egg rolls (depending on how big your skillet is) and place 1 by 1 into the semi-hot olive oil.
6. Flip the egg roll every 1-2 minutes and brown on all sides.
7. Continue until all cabbage, carrot, broccoli slaw is used. Two bags of slaw will be just the right amount for the number of egg roll wraps included in Nasoya packages.