Updated: Nov 5, 2020
New take on an old classic! Eggplant parm fries!
This recipe was so easy and fun to make! It requires little to no effort and is the perfect side dish/snack to call on your partner or child as an assistant! I asked my boyfriend to help and we had a great convo and spent giggly quality time together dipping the eggplant and rolling 'em around in bread crumbs!
Trust me this is a shoe-in vegetarian side dish or snack for the work week!
1 large eggplant
1 cup bread crumbs
3 large eggs
Tomato paste (2 tbsp)
Crushed tomatoes (2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Continue cutting the eggplant into long wedge-sized pieces. From 1 large eggplant you can make about 30 or more wedges. They don't have to be perfectly shaped!
3. Spread eggplant "fry" wedges on baking sheets and sprinkle with salt, very lightly.
4. Crack 3 eggs in a bowl, whisk together until blended. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of bread crumbs on the plate at a time.
5. Dip eggplant wedge into egg batter and roll around in bread crumbs until evenly coated. Place back on baking sheet.
6. Repeat step 5, adding bread crumbs when necessary. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10.
7. You're all set! Enjoy 😊