Updated: Nov 5, 2020
This recipe is super easy, aromatic, and satiating! I like pasta dishes because it gives me a chance to experiment with the sauce! Here, the tomato sauce is homemade- and I think that’s what gives it its extra oomf! Remember, these ingredients are meant to be played with, don’t stress over exact quantities! Either way, I can guarantee its going to come out delicious!
Red onion (½)
Red pepper (½)
Large eggplant (1)
Large zucchini (1)
Large squash (1)
Gluten free pasta (red lentil, green lentil, chickpea- whatever you prefer!)
1. Dice red onion into bite-size pieces. Cube eggplant , squash, and zucchini into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2. Use a large pot and combine olive oil and garlic together over medium heat. I used a garlic press to crush the garlic to release more of its flavor into the dish.
3. Once you smell the garlic and olive oil mixture, add diced onion, eggplant, zucchini and squash and let it simmer over medium heat, add oregano, stir frequently.
4. While the ratatouille mixture is cooking, it is time to make the sauce! Using a blender or Magic Bullet, combine grape tomatoes (I used ~2 cup), olive oil, and basil and pulse it several times until there are some chunks of tomatoes and some completely crushed.
5. Add the sauce mixture to the ratatouille mix, turn heat down to low and let it simmer. Let all of the flavors mingle for ~15 to 20 minutes.
6. As the sauce and ratatouille mix is simmering, cook the pasta. Boil ~4 quarts of water and a tsp of salt. Once boiling, add the pasta of choice and let it cook for the allotted time on the box.
7. After the pasta is done cooking and drained you are ready to serve!
8. Dish out your serving of pasta and top with the ratatouille! For a little extra flare, chop and add basil to the top and a little sprinkle of oregano and voooilla! You are ready to eat!